HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opening files by more than one person at the same time....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twotower2007

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Opening files by more than one person at the same time.... Reply with quote

A client of mine is needing a very simple file sharing situation. I am wondering if share points will be suitable in this case.

Apparently two people are working in one office, on very complex and important quark documents. Sharing files via e-mail and USB keychain drives is leading to some confusion and causing extra work, because important changes are being accidentally overwritten by the other.

They want to use an older G4 as a file server where all of the quark files will be stored on the server and not on the individual's computers. They want to be able to access these files and work on them and again save them onto the server. I see no problem up till now.

The main concern is this.... They want to prevent two people from being able to open the same document at the same time as this would bring them right back to where they are now. This must be a common issue in the office file sharing environment. Can Sharepoints prevent this from happening? If not, any suggestions?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: