HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unexpected share 'postfix' and 'cannot connect securely'?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Unexpected share 'postfix' and 'cannot connect securely'? Reply with quote

I have a 10.4.10 install on a PPC mini. I have installed Sharepoints and am trying to duplicate the setup of a 10.2 server machine I was using. Here are my problems, wondering if anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Note: I have three shares in Sharepoints, call them A B and C. All are folders on the root level of an external FireWire drive on the Mini, running HFS+ (Extended). I have unchecked the 'ignore ownership' checkbox for the drive, so the shares now show up, but with issues.

In my 'sharing' control panel on the server, Personal File Sharing, Remote Login and Apple Remote Desktop are all *on*. All others are off. I have the 'Admin is Normal User' box checked in Sharepoints, but no idle disconnect enabled or logging enabled. No greeting. The only shares I see in the 'Normal shares' pane are the three I want, i.e. A B and C.

1) There's an unexpected share in the list of shares named 'postfix' when logging in from a client. I don't have access privileges to it. I haven't anywhere told it to share that. In other words, I see the following:

A
B
C
<username>
postfix

...come to think of it, can I disable the user share in any way? (EDIT: Oh, I guess not. That'll teach me to not read recent threads. Razz)

2) When I connect, the client (appleshare client on a 10.4.10 iMac intel) says as a dropdown from the 'Connect to Server' pane: "Cannot make a secure connection to <servername>. The server <servername> does not support secure connections via SSH. To connect with reduced security, click 'Continue.'" Er, what? Does that mean it's sending my AFP creds (and hence login) in the clear?!?! Help?!

Thanks in advance!

-jb
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: