HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Apply permissions to enclosed items

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckalech

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Can't Apply permissions to enclosed items Reply with quote

I installed Sharepoints on a G4 running Panther 10.3.3

Uning Networkinfo utility I created a new group "production" and added a user "joe"

I have a folder "clients" on another partition of the G4
Using sharepoints, I created a share for that folder.
I clicked on "show file system properties" and selected that the group "production" should have read and write permissions and that everyone else should have "none". I also checked "inherit permissions from parent"

I then went into the finder and in "get info" for that folder I checked that permissions were correct (which they were). I then checked the "Apply permissions to enclosed items"

The user joe logged into the G4 from another mac (a powerbook G3 - Lombard, running Jaguar 10.2.8 ) on the same network. He mounted clients.

He was able to read and write to clients. He could create a new folder in clients and a new subfolder within the folder he created, BUT HE COULD NOT READ OR WRITE ANY EXISTING FOLDERS WITHIN CLIENTS.

We use this, as the name suggests, for a server housing all our clients production files. With scores of clients each with folders and subfolders, how can I allow other users on the network to access these folders and files?

Thank you for your help!!
www.j-town.co.il
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: