HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sharepoints, OS X and Windows XP DVD Burner

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Babz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Sharepoints, OS X and Windows XP DVD Burner Reply with quote

Okay, here's my problem. I've got a network with an OS X (Panther) Mac and a couple of Win XP machines. The Mac has two HDs (each with several partitions). I want to be able to use the DVD burner in the Win XP machine to backup data on one of the Mac volumes over the network. I've done this sucessfully with two Win XP machines. But (as we know) OS X only lets me share data on certain folders on the boot drive. I don't want to have to copy the large amount of data to the boot drive.

Will Sharepoints allow me to do this? Has anyone done this? Can you walk me through it?

I've never tried SharePoints and am wondering if this is the right solution for me.

Thanks,
Babz Rolling Eyes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: