Joined: 04 Nov 2003
|Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:15 pm Post subject: Win NT4, windows 2000 and share points
|here a useful tip for everyone who want to use nt4 and win 2000 as clients with share points.
I almost did went mad trying to connect these clients until I found out the problem:
please follow these steps to get a connection:
1. create a user
2. switch on "connect from windows" in the user contol panel
3. name a folder for sharing - (the name does have to have less than 8 chars) (the name of the share can have more letters, but not the folder)
4. create a share via sharepoints
5. switch on SMB after having saved the share (otherwise sharepints hangs)
6. name the workgroup in smb correspondent to your pc.
7. try a connect
usually this should work.