HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't uncheck "Ignore file permissions!"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abromber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Can't uncheck "Ignore file permissions!" Reply with quote

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.7 on a G4 TiBook. I have a single internal ATA hard drive and want to share a folder containing family photos with my wife who has an IBM laptop running Windows XP Pro with all current updates. I can see the folder in her Network Places, but when I try to connect, I get the infamous messge that says I may not have privileges, etc.

From reading other posts it seems that one step is to make sure that the Ignore File Permissions box is checked (or unchecked). But I cannot find such an option in my Get Info box for the Folder, the drive - nowhere. I'm not a newbie but obviously I am missing something basic. Is this option only available on Firewire Drives? What about the startup volume? Any help would be appreciated.

abromber
New York City
dilutedluddite

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that option is only available if the drive is not your startup drive, for security reasons.

Are you trying to make the folder guest accessible?
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in your disk hierarchy is the folder you are trying to share? If it is in a home directory, then you will need to move that folder out of the home directory and share it from that new location.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: