HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batch Rename forces Number Pictures with the Same Name

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> Picture Namer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagnutcase

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Batch Rename forces Number Pictures with the Same Name Reply with quote

I am working with the renumbering features of PN 1.5.1. I am using OS 10.3.9.
No matter what I do I am missing some setting. I drag a folder of jpg files onto the window. I change the main part of the picture name and add a check to the Preserve Picture Order box. A picture is included of all my settings as I also made changes to the Final Name Order.

http://www.diyvideostore.com/oddsnsods/renamestart.jpg

Then I select Batch Rename from the Actions menu and let it work. The finished result is good except that the program has turned on the Auto Number Pictures checkmark just before it does its work and now all the pictures have a second numbering system. I prefer the first method of numbering as it will add the correct number of zeros for 3 or 4 digit numbering, but the Auto Number system seems to only add 1 zero even though there may be 176 pictures.

Here is what it looks like immediately after an output.

http://www.diyvideostore.com/oddsnsods/renameend.jpg

Sorry about the long winded story.
mhorn
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I turn on the auto number during a batch rename because there isn't another easy way to ensure the pictures will have a unique name when the batch rename is done. I should update the zero add code to add the proper number of zeros during this operation. Look for that in the next version.
jagnutcase

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: More on batch processing Reply with quote

Turning on the Auto Number makes sense because one needs some sort of way of differentiating between files in case someone tries renaming them all exactly the same.

However if Preserve Picture Order is turned on it seems to do numbering anyway in the Main Name section and then the Auto Number becomes redundant.

I just tried it again and if I could do it without forcing the check it would work, or by rewriting the code to add the proper number of leading zeros it would also work. I have no idea about coding so I will leave that up to you.

Thanks for the opportunity to try it out anyway.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> Picture Namer All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: