HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Starting From Scratch -- What do I do?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesmcnee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: I'm Starting From Scratch -- What do I do? Reply with quote

I just got a second computer -- a MacBook -- and someone said I'd need Sharepoints. Now what?

Up to now my second computer has been an old PC and all I've done is access the Internet via the WiFi -- I didn't bother with networking or sharing or whatever.

Now that I'm running two fairly current Macs I'd like to do more.

My set up is:

desktop iMac
desktop external HD attached by firewire to iMac
desktop HP printer attached to iMac by USB
new MacBook
WiFi Router

All my data files are on my iMac's internal HD, all my music is on the external HD (along with a partition where I backup the data).

Both computers are running OS X 10.4.10

I want to be able to access files on my desktop and external HD while working on my laptop. For sure I want to be able to access / play / ... my iTunes music (now sitting on the external HD) on the MacBook. Also I want to print from my laptop to my HP printer hooked to the iMac by USB (I don't know if Sharepoints apply to print). And in a perfect world I'd love to be able to send / receive / ... email from either machine without getting duplicates / lost messages / no record in the sent folder / ... (I get the feeling this request might be too much but you never know!)

Sorry to be such an idiot but I'm starting from scratch with this networking / filesharing stuff.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: