HornWare.com Forum Index HornWare.com
HornWare.com Help Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drive Name Issues

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devax

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Drive Name Issues Reply with quote

I know that someone here can help me!!!!

Here's the issue, I've got 7 MyBook 500GB drives that hold my 600+ DVD collection. I never reformatted them to Mac format because I use several different computers to burn my movies (both PC's and Macs).

So here's the issue, I have two servers here and I am using my file server to be the main network server for my media. I've connected all drives to that server (Running OSX server). I was able to see the drives on that server, but none of the other computers on the network could (because I never reformatted the drives), so I got Sharepoints.

Now the drives appear on the network through SMB.

Sorry for the long story, but now to the problem. In DVDPedia (a movie playing and cataloging program), when I link to the actual movie, the filename is pretty bizarre (i.e. "file:///Volumes/WORKGROUP;FILE-SERVER/Gladiator/VIDEO_TS" instead of "file:///Volumes/MOVIES #2/Gladiator/VIDEO_TS").

Now...I don't have a problem with this since it is transparent to the end user, but I'm concerned that if I restart the server or the media mac that it will screw this all up. Am I worrying about nothing, or is there something I need to do so that I don't have to worry about this.

I want to make sure I get this right before I start relinking all 600+ movies!!!

Thanks for the help.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HornWare.com Forum Index -> SharePoints All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: